Although this concept has been taught for several years now as part of the school curriculum, it is interesting to experiment with its application in the school’s everyday life and to give High and Middle school students the opportunity to work together on projects. Here is a list of the various actions currently being implemented by the Sustainable Development Coordinator and the volunteer teacher(s):
- Group of eco-delegates: representatives and informants within the classes, they can work on the thematic projects of their choice from Grades 6 to 12.
- Eco-citizens‘ lunchtime workshop: theme-based discoveries, educational outings, craft workshops, etc.
- Middle school Department (Seine-Maritime) project: registration of a class, external speaker for three sessions to develop the chosen theme and presenting the project at the annual meeting in Rouen.
- High school Regional project (Normandie): Walk the Global Walk programme in Grade 9 with presentations by the International Institute for Human Rights in Caen, training of student facilitators/project leaders and the development by the class of a project of their choice on the Sustainable Development Objective dealt with during the year. Computer graphics competition followed by a stage presentation of the project if selected. Summer school for student facilitators on video selection.
- Participation of a class in specific projects submitted by Education authorities as part of the Sustainable Development Schools and Establishments operation.
A certain number of actions are already organised within the school:
- Recycling of bio-waste from the canteen
- Paper sorting in classrooms and offices
- Collection of corks
- Collection of used pens, tubes of glue…
- Book box